Patient & Visitor Information
Updated: November 13, 2023
Family caregivers are vital members of the care team. It is the goal of Good Shepherd Penn Partners (GSPP) to promote Patient and Family Centered Care within the framework of providing a therapeutic and safe environment for patients, family, visitors and staff. GSPP seeks to ensure that each patient enjoys full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences to promote a safe and therapeutic environment. We expect care partners and staff to support a mutually respectful and quiet environment for all our patients, and abide by the GSPP Code of Conduct.
Inpatient Visitor Guidelines
- Care partners, family members, and other visitors are welcome during the regular visitation hours below:
- Specialty Hospital (LTACH): Between the hours of 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Penn Medicine Rehabilitation (Penn Rehab): Between the hours of 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Patients may have a maximum 2 healthy visitors at a time during their stay.
- Patients with COVID-19, may see two healthy visitors between 9 am and 8 pm.
- Some units may have more visitor limitations because of the unique nature of their patient population. It is important to speak with your family member’s nurse to understand unit specific limitations prior to arriving.
- All visitors must adhere to specific infection prevention precautions. This may include, but is not limited to masks, gowns, and gloves. Hand hygiene when entering and exiting the room is always mandatory.
- All visitors are required to check in and obtain a visitor pass from the front desk prior to arriving on the unit. Visitor passes must be worn and visible at all times.
- No weapons (e.g. guns, knives, mace, etc.) are permitted in the hospital. All visitors will be screened for weapons upon entry to the building.
24/7 Family Member Visitation
- One adult family member is welcome at the patient’s bedside around the clock.
- All visiting children must be 12 or older and supervised by an adult (other than the patient or healthcare team) at all times.
- Children must uphold a safe, quiet and calm environment for all our patients.
- Outpatients can have two healthy (e.g. no fever or other signs of illness) support persons.
Valet parking is available in front of the hospital Monday through Friday 7am-7pm.
Visitor Code of Conduct
GSPP provides a healing, safe and respectful environment for our employees, visitors, patients and accompanying family members. While on our campus you can directly contribute to this environment by respecting our Code of Conduct.
The following behaviors will not be tolerated:
- Possession of firearms or any weapon.
- Making threats to harm someone or destroy property.
- Throwing objects.
- Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on campus.
- Assault or bodily harm.
- Cursing, making harassing, offensive, or intimidating statements or gestures.
- Threats of violence through phone calls, letters, voicemail, email or other forms of written, verbal or electronic communication.
- Making negative comments associated with, but not limited to: race, culture, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Photographing and recording of staff without written consent is strictly prohibited. If you see or experience any of these behaviors, notify hospital or outpatient staff right away. Violators are subject to removal from the facility.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and for trusting us with your care or the care of a family member.