Volunteers at Good Shepherd Penn Partners are as diverse as the communities they serve and are needed now more than ever. We are accepting applications.
Good Shepherd Penn Partners volunteers provide service to patients from all over the world in the region’s most comprehensive post-acute care continuum. Volunteers play an important role in patient satisfaction and add an extra dimension of personal service to our patients. Every volunteer’s generous gift of time and talent is valued.
Who We Are
Good Shepherd Penn Partners is a joint venture between Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network and Penn Medicine (to learn more about our partnership click here). We offer a variety of unique volunteer opportunities because of our partnership structure.
What would make a good volunteer?
- Sincere interest in people and helping others
- Maturity and willingness to adhere to hospital policies and procedures
- Professional and positive attitude toward staff, patients and visitors
- Commitment to adhere to chosen schedule
What is required?
- Commitment to the requested hours and schedule of your chosen assignment
- Application, background check, immunization/vaccination records
- Orientation prior to start date
What is offered?
- A meaningful work experience
- An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- Annual volunteer appreciation and acknowledgement
- Free parking during your volunteer service
- Free hospital café voucher during your volunteer service
- The The Specialty Hospital at Rittenhouse, offering volunteer opportunities in a long-term acute care setting
- The Penn Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine, offering volunteer opportunities in an inpatient rehabilitation setting
- GSPP Rehabilitation, offering volunteer opportunities in a variety of outpatient locations