CLICK HERE for latest COVID information
Our neurosciences programs work with patients living with neurological conditions to help them achieve their highest possible level of cognitive and physical function.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Neuroscience Programs
Penn Medicine Rehabilitation is an inpatient rehabilitation unit committed to helping you regain your life.
The inpatient neurosciences programs featured at Penn Medicine Rehabilitation include:
- Brain Injury (Traumatic & Non-Traumatic)
- Spinal Cord System of Care
Our advanced Brain Injury Recovery Center features an 18-room secured floor designed for comfort and safety, with all-private rooms. The floor has quiet, specially designed treatment and dining spaces where you will have therapy and enjoy your meal.
The combination of Penn Medicine physicians and the specialized team of rehabilitation therapists and nurses of Good Shepherd Penn Partners work with you to achieve your recovery goals. At Penn Medicine Rehabilitation, we’re committed to helping you regain your life at a pace that works for you.
We are accredited by the Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International (CARF). We hold CARF accreditations in Stroke, Brain Injury, Amputee, Spinal Cord System of Care and Comprehensive inpatient Rehabilitation Programs.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Neuroscience Programs
Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists work with you and your medical team to create individualized treatment plans. Our goal is to improve your quality of life and function.
The outpatient neurosciences programs featured at Penn Therapy & Fitness include:
- Brain Injury
- Low Vision
- Movement/Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Spinal Cord Injury
Outpatient Neuroscience Locations
Penn Therapy & Fitness offers neuroscience services at the following outpatient locations:
What to Expect
We’ll develop a plan that’s right for you that includes:
- Activity modification education
- Education to help manage condition
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Strengthening and stretching exercises
- Symptom management education
- Therapeutic pain management
In addition to their clinical expertise, our therapists hold numerous specialized neurologic certifications:
- ABPTS Board-Certified Specialist in Geriatrics
- ABPTS Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurology
- Academy of Certified Brain Injury Specialists
- APTA/Emory University Certificate of Competency in Vestibular Rehabilitation
- LSVT BIG
- LSVT LOUD
- RESNA Certified Assistive Technology Practitioner
- VitalStim Certification