CLICK HERE for latest COVID information
Wheelchair Seating & Mobility Clinic
Penn Therapy & Fitness provides services for patients who need wheelchairs and custom mobility equipment. Our goal is to ensure positioning and mobility to maximize functional independence, promote postural alignment, improve breath support and prevent skin breakdown.
Certified assistive technology professionals from Penn Therapy & Fitness work with patients to learn more about the latest technologies, determine current and future needs, receive proper instruction for device use and achieve optimal fitting and comfort.
Conditions That Can Benefit From Wheelchair Seating & Mobility Assistance
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Orthopedic and pulmonary diseases
- Other neurologic diseases
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
Wheelchair Seating & Mobility Clinic Services
- One to one evaluation with an assistive technology professional, which will an equipment trial and seating selection
- An assessment for custom manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, and alternative drive systems for your individual needs
- Device training session to ensure comfort of use and safe handling
- Opportunity for caregiver training on the device