From professionals to recreational athletes, concussions are one of the biggest health issues in sports today. In addition, what constitutes as “normal” for recovery from a concussion can vary widely from one individual to another.
Symptoms Treated With Concussion Therapy
- Balance problems
- Memory dysfunction
- Visual blurring
We work collaboratively with the Penn Medicine Concussion Clinic, a comprehensive multidisciplinary center designed to treat the needs most commonly faced by individuals who have recently suffered a concussion—either through a sports or non-sports related trauma. Penn Therapy & Fitness therapists will work with your doctors to create a treatment plan to manage your individual concussion symptoms.
Concussion Therapy Services
- Balance/postural control assessment utilizing BESS (Balance Error Scoring System)
- King-Devick testing, an objective rapid sideline screening test for concussions
- Neurocognitive testing with ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing)
- Specialized occupational therapy focusing on strategies related to daily functions, fatigue, symptom management and coping strategies
- Specialized speech therapy focused on cognitive retraining and compensation strategy training
- Specialized vestibular physical therapy, oculomotor training and cervical/balance therapy
Our goal is to get you back to doing the things you love.