CLICK HERE for latest COVID information
Pelvic Floor Therapy
Our pelvic floor services at Penn Therapy & Fitness provide comprehensive treatment for patients who suffer from damage or injury to the pelvic floor that can be painful and disruptive.
The pelvic floor muscles support the inner organs, provide stability to the pelvis and lower spine, and play a role in sexual appreciation. Some medical conditions may contribute to pelvic floor disorders.
Symptoms of a Pelvic Floor Disorder
- Frequent urination
- Uncontrollable urge to urinate
- Unwanted loss of urine or stool (incontinence)
- Pain with intercourse
- Pregnancy/post-pregnancy pain or incontinence
- Pelvis, hip, abdomen, thigh or lower back pain
Conditions Treated By Pelvic Floor Therapy
Penn Therapy & Fitness’s therapists provide rehabilitation services to manage conditions related to pelvic floor disorders, including:
- Overactive bladder
- Pain in the pelvis, hip, abdomen, thigh, SI joint or lower back
- Pregnancy and post-pregnancy related pain and incontinence
- Pregnancy related muscle weakness, especially abdominal and pelvic muscles
- Post pregnancy scars and muscle injuries
Comprehensive treatment plan for your specific pelvic floor condition
- Exercises for the pelvic floor, abdominal, back, leg and hip muscles
- Manual soft tissue release techniques
- Pelvic alignment and muscle energy techniques
- Pelvic floor muscle coordination and retraining
- Pregnancy-related education and training
- Patient education for self-care techniques and dietary changes
Our pelvic floor therapists will collaborate with you and your treatment team to ensure that your rehabilitation program is tailored to your specific health needs.
Pelvic Floor Therapy Locations
Request an Appointment
For more information or to request an appointment, please call 877-969-7342 or fill out the form below.
"*" indicates required fields